Saturday, July 7, 2012

Reflexion/Projexion

Aaaannnd that's the theme of my first New Orleans show! I am very pleased to report that my piece, Shadow of My Former Self has been accepted to a show that "unofficially" kicks-off White Linen weekend in NOLA, and "officially" provides the after-party for a show opening at the Ogden Museum of Southwestern Art! Good-freaking-stuff, right? My sincere thanks to Push Pin-Up Productions for even considering my work, and obviously for accepting it as well.

Coincidentally, what do you think this is going to be used for?


The next piece in the Presence series, of course... but I'm not gonna' spill the beans, you'll have to wait for it.

While I wait for molds to dry, or wood glue and such, I'm keepin' busy with other work, like this one:


And this one:


They're both unfinished, but I'm truckin' on the first piece and the second... well, let's just say I'm rethinking my original objectives....

So, that's what I've been up to lately. It's great to return to the blog with happy news, and I'm actually still waiting to hear from some other venues regarding artwork I've submitted. Suffice it to say, I'm keeping my fingers crossed while I celebrate. You should, too.....

Much love,
Ian

3 comments:

Tusie said...

Congratulations on your upcoming exhibit!! And I'm truly intriqued by the pieces you're working on (I'll keep your secret...)

Charles Chrystal said...

Keep us guessing, Ian ... but in the meantime, that orange piece is slightly reminiscent of Clyfford Still's work. Hmmm . . . .

coopjs said...

that wound-looking work is amazing man...it inspires me completely! well done sir on your viewing as well!!!!