Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fun and Frustration with Ink... and Halloween!

Grrrr.... Practicing with various inking tools and techniques over the weekend and I churned this drawing out on Halloween. It kinda' made me chuckle so I thought I would share it. This was done entirely with brushes and ink - no pens, markers, or digital "doctoring" of any kind, although I may have used a little <AHEM> Pro-White in a couple of...  problem areas.... Damn, inking with a brush WELL is tough, but that's why we practice like this. I don't bust out my expensive Series 7's for stuff like this, so the brushes used were cheap and not of the best quality, but for practice and playful purposes they do all right.... Anyhoo, I hope your Halloween was a happy and haunted one!!

A few different brushes and black FW Acrylic Ink

2 comments:

M.J. O'Brien said...

An amazing piece that happens to express how I feel at the mere thought of doing anything in ink. I have no willingness to commit, and need to be sure I can rework something over and over again before making a single mark on a sheet of paper. Glad to see you're back to blogging!

Charles Chrystal said...

This is frightening and funny at the same time . . . and difficult to pull off if only for that reason. The artwork is exceptional, of course, even with the occasional -touch- of white!