Sunday, April 17, 2011

April in Chicago - five years ago!

Just a quick post for now.....

Here are a couple of sketches from April of 2006. I found 'em recently when I was going through a bunch of older sketchbooks, and I thought perhaps my brother and his wife might get a kick out of 'em - though they have seen them before. They were both drawn while I was visiting them when they lived in Chicago. I seem to recall my brother particularly liking the one of him putting away dishes... for some reason. As I recall, even though you can't see it in the drawing, he had a plate or something tucked under his chin as well. The other is is a view of their backyard. Enjoy, and more coming soon!

Quick sketch with conté crayon 9" x 12" (4/06)
Pencil 9" x 12" (4/06) - this one took a little longer than the one above

2 comments:

M.J. O'Brien said...

Very nice work! Your architectural drawings are new to me, starting with the more recent "Unrefined" series and now moving backwards in time. I suspect these are very good reproductions, but it would be interesting to see what you could do with a scanner. (Mine is quite good, and for only $125.)

Tusie said...

Never saw these. Clearly Jonathan at the sink! The form and angles are perfect Jonathan!